Testing at Gung Fu Institute
Congrats to our students
Today, we had a little ceremony. Those who tested their skills and passed the test received their certificates.
It is important to start the process, but it is equally important to complete the journey. Legitimate testing proves that you have what it takes to move to the next level of your journey. Small, do-able goals that can be realistically met. Congratulations to our new and seasoned students who worked hard and now are recognized and rewarded.
So how come some succeed and get the result they want and others do not?
PERSISTENCE, MOTIVATION, TRAINING, AND PREPARATION.
SUCCESS DOES NOT COME OVERNIGHT.
Train hard physically:
- Do cardio.
- Aerobic – walk, jog or run. Aim to get up to 3-5 miles.
- Get a stable box around 24 inches high. Jump on and off several times or step up and down.
- Mix pushups, squats and ab exercises.
- Practice all of your testing material.
- Stay away from things like caffeine and alcohol a month or so before the test.
Mental and Spiritual preparation is important as well.
“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” Vince Lombardi.
- Believe that you test every day.
- Enjoy the journey, not just the end result.
- Visualize yourself performing flawlessly.
- Make sure you know clearly what you are expected to do.
- Perform your techniques with full power.
- You will make mistakes, it is human nature and no one is perfect. Do not let it get you down.
Again, congratulations on your accomplishment and get ready for your next test!
Good luck to anyone!
Gung Fu Institute